IN THE MUSIC MOVIE REVIEW (2015)

No Comments



Hey darlings,
Been a while, I apologize for my avoidable absence, had a lot on my plate. But the good news is that am back, bigger and better.    So today, we will be looking at 'In the music'; a drama about 2 sisters with a rather painful background in search of greener pastures, although the story dealt with one sister at a time. This movie was produced by Oluchi Afurobi and directed by Chibuzo Afuruobi, was shot in Lagos, Nigeria.
 I dare say,that 'new hollywood' film makers are breaking new grounds. They have moved from regular conventional stories to more challenging stuff. Am saying this because this movie is one of them. As the name implies, its almost a musical(you will understand why I used 'almost' later). I strongly commend the Raising Phoenix team for taking on such a challenging project. Also, the parade of stars such as Omawunmi magbele, Bryan Okwara, Beverly Naya, Tomi Odunsi, Keira Hewatch, Chelsea Eze and a lot more was brilliant,brought a lot of glitz and glamour into the picture. The dance choreography too was cool..
  On the low now,the sound production on this movie was down right annoying, it is a HELL NO!! Environmental interference was a lot and that was very distracting to say the least..even in a cinema that is awfully loud. Graphics were average, very little effort was made towards make up. It was almost as if it didn't matter how the actors appeared as long as they get their work done. For instance, keira Hewatch had an oily face almost throughout the movie, plus that hair on her...Arrrgh,story for another day. I also thought the acting lacked depth; character, mood, intensity(CMI)was M.I.A. To top it all,the songs. I mean, the essential ingredient in every musical is the music. This movie didn't score any memorable track for me, the songs were mediocre and as such didn't have that X-factor, that expunged a lot of essence for me(that's why I said almost a musical).
 With all being said and done, its a very good and daring start considering its the debut film for the owners in the cinema. With this edginess, they will be flying soon.



Apparently its no more in the cinemas.... But wait for DVD and Online.

Check out the trailer:




Twitter and instagram: @inthemusicmovie

post signature
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment